Monday, July 04, 2011

Current favourite author

My current favourite author is JODI PICOULT. The first book I read of her's was Nineteen Minutes, a story about a high school student who walks into school one day and shoots several of his fellow pupils. The book follows the story from several different angles, i.e. it is told from the perspective of the different people involved.
I have since read several others of her books, but the first is still my favourite. 
Sometimes harrowing, always related to something in life you could actually have to face yourself, her books make you think and also appreciate a little more the good life you have.
Other titles I've read:
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • Change of Heart
  • The Tenth Circle
  • Picture Perfect
Pick up a book today! You won't be disappointed I promise!

1 comment:

Book Bug said...

My friend Vida tried to leave her comment but wasn't able, so I'm doing it for her!

Vida - I love Jodi Picoult and how she can take an issue that seems black and white and show you all the grey. I think I have read every single one of her books with the exception of Plain Truth. I don't know if I could pick a favorite. My Sister's Keeper was my first and broke my heart. 19 minutes was fabulous, especially being a school teacher. Sing Me Home, her newest, made me angry. House Rules, kept me guessing, even after I finished it. My least favorite was Mercy. Oh, what else? Like I've said, I've read them all.