Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The TV Book Club

I saw this on TV for the first time a few weeks ago by pure accident and I have to say, I was bored stiff!! The presenters seemed as about excited as dead dogs when introducing the programme and only became slightly more animated when talking about the books they were reviewing. Maybe they figure books are a serious subject, but where was the enthusiasm, the love, the awesomeness associated with a good book?
I decided to give the programme the benefit of the doubt and tuned in the next week. I lasted as far as the first break. Maybe its just me, but when I talk about books I can't help but get excited and animated, even when its a bad book! 
So if anyone out there knows of a good programme about books, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just have to stick with the amazing blogs out there! 

No comments: